2011 Challenger 180 - Starts immediately but stalls after 5 minutes

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you run ethanol gas? BMW K1600 motorcycles go through fuel pumps all the time if they sit for a year with ethanol gas in them very corrosive. The trick with those pumps was to bump them with 12 volts 50/50 some came back to life good luck ...

Did you run ethanol gas? BMW K1600 motorcycles go through fuel pumps all the time if they sit for a year with ethanol gas in them very corrosive. The trick with those pumps was to bump them with 12 volts 50/50 some came back to life good luck ...

How do I do that? Seems to be a standard Bosch. Also should I replace the fuel pressure regulator with it?

How do I do that? Seems to be a standard Bosch. Also should I replace the fuel pressure regulator with it?
On bikes we just find out what is the hot wire and ground and just bump it with power of the batters just for like a second or to make sometime the will start to work.

Sometimes bumping them back and forth (+- ,-+) can get them unstuck too. If they get enough trash inside it jams them and the internal tolerances are tight so particles jam them up.

Or get a replacement pump.

Ok everyone. So I’m back from my business trip and woke up early to get this done. I put in the pump and reassembled the housing. I decided to test for fuel flow so I hooked everything back up and tested with a water bottle and got great flow. Connected the hoses and it started right up. However, I noticed the fuel gauge wasn’t working so I took out the housing again to check connections and it was good. Now when I put the housing back and tighten all the screws the boat won’t start and I get the fuel and check engine light. However I’ve got great fuel pressure at the pump. When I pull the hose to the FPR fuel sprays out. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Figured it out. There seems to be a short in the wire going to the fuel level unit. After I checked all the fuses I set the wires in the holder within the unit and the boat started right up.

Good luck on your lake test. I get back from my business trip tomorrow. Missing the water...

Thanks again @go_panthers and @rcookr1 . I took the boat to the canal and ran it a couple times with no shut offs. Power didn’t seem too bad but I hit a top speed of about 47MPH. I’m wondering how much should I be hearing the supercharger etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back