2011 C180 225hp What to look out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littleengin

New owner here. Looking for any advice on maintenance and service. The boat has 28 hrs. Overall in great condition. It needs to have the timing belt and muffler strap replaced per recall. Anything else I should have them address while it is in the shop?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423242250105.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423242250105.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 50
Hey man congrats on the boat! I have the same boat in blue . The only recall i had was for the throttle recall but if thats already done you wont have to worry about it. I have no complaints about this boat its awesome. Im wondering where you got info on the 2 recalls that you speak of in your post.

Well i just looked it up on sea doos web page and it doesnt state any recalls except for the throttle recall. Just fyi.

Yea, not sure if it is really needed but they said it is covered. Hopefully they don't mess things up.

Congrats on your boat man, very nice in black with Bimini. I've heard of the muffler strap recall but don't know anything about the timing chain. More info would be great.

Kind regards

Just ask your dealer and they can run your hull ID. I remember seeing a pdf about the recall online somewhere. I will try to post it.

Good preventative maintenance things you can do are as follows
Keel shield
Tow valve
Fog kit
Salt away flush kit (if your running in salt water)

Also check your inter cooler. There was a recall on all 2012 model ski's but not 2011's. I had mine changed out as a preventative thing they should upgrade you to a the problem was the bad coolers were letting condensation back into the block and causing the head to rust solid over winter. They put in an API air tech cooler p.n. 27600332.

Things to make your days more enjoyable on the water
Hydro turf
Stereo upgrade

Keel shield is great for preventative hull maintenance, I think I have the 7' one in white. I'll need to check.

The fog kit is a series of tubes that the dealer drills into your head and allows for oil to be sucked into the head coating it with oil for extended periods of lay up after you do the normal engine flush procedure.

Tow valve cuts off water supply to the engine should you need to be towed back to the dock after sucking something up.

Kind regards

I believe the fogging kit was already installed. It has a yellow cap on the tube?

Oh no that's the throttle body cap that you should sprayhe brp xps spray into after every ride. That helps keep the throttle cable mechanisim responsive. the fog kit is different and is definitely an aftermarket addition your dealer can help you with.

Kind regards

Thanks for the info! I will look into it. Also looking to purchase some hydro turf. Any suggestions? Molded vs cut diamond?

Yes I filled the holes as not all turf will cover the holes. I used some 3M fibreglass repair bog to do it then sanded smooth, you can hardly notice them.

With a neutral colour like black hull you will have a heap of choice on your turf, the darker shades are harder to keep clean but colours like black get hot.

I have swamp camo in the cabin and light grey on the swim platform. Blue hull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx for all the tips! Going to keep the carpet this year and add the turf next fall. Putting on a keelguard will be the last thing b4 summer.

Timing chain and muffler strap recall done. They also replaced the plugs. All covered under recall except cost of the plugs $11. Ready for summer

Timing chain and muffler strap recall done. They also replaced the plugs. All covered under recall except cost of the plugs $11. Ready for summer

Can you please send me a copy of the recall notice on the timing chain? BRP Australia dont know anything about it. imm PM you my email

Kind Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back