2010 Seadoo Challenger Fault Code Question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyder7892

Guys,

I have a new to me 2010 Seadoo Challenger 430 and it had some work to do when I got it. I have replaced the entire wiring harness and both motors fire up great and seem to run fine. My question is that I am getting a Fault Code P2080 (EGTS). How do I know which engine the fault is on, it does not seem to specify if it is the port of starboard engine. I also checked resistance at the ECU connector and both are measuring within range but the fault code remains. There is not a check engine light on it is just showing the code when I scroll over to the fault codes page on the dash. I have only run it on the hose, it has not yet been put in the water, will the code go away with some run time or will I have to take it to the dealer to get the code reset?

Thanks for the help!

If you can clear the code, then run each motor independently and see which one activates the code again. If you can't clear the codes, take your boat on the water with an IR gun and see which sensor is getting hot by
checking the temps of the mufflers.

Senor location below:

EGTS.jpg

Weird part is that I get the code when I first turn the boat on before starting either motor, is that normal? If it comes down to it I will go with your suggestion but I would really like to get it fixed before taking it to the lake (right at an hour each way). Is there really no way to differentiate which motor the fault is coming from by the dash readout?

Weird part is that I get the code when I first turn the boat on before starting either motor, is that normal? If it comes down to it I will go with your suggestion but I would really like to get it fixed before taking it to the lake (right at an hour each way). Is there really no way to differentiate which motor the fault is coming from by the dash readout?

When I get an overheat on our 2012, it tells me which motor. I sucked up some grass 2 years ago and when the alarm started going off the LCD scrolled a message as to which motor had the high temp.

Mine does not seem to give any indication as to which motor. If you go under fault codes on the dash it just gives the P2080. Again there is no check engine light on but the fault code remains if go you go the fault code screen, does this mean it is not active?

Mine does not seem to give any indication as to which motor. If you go under fault codes on the dash it just gives the P2080. Again there is no check engine light on but the fault code remains if go you go the fault code screen, does this mean it is not active?

Sounds like its an old code. If the alarm isn't sounding and a message not scrolling across the screen, then I do not believe you're experiencing an active overheat.

Get a CANDOO or have the code cleared by the dealer and move one. If it happens again, let us know.

If the code is visible, it is active. Once the code goes to occurred, it will not show up on the dash. After both motors start, is the code still there?
Only way to tell which motor is BUDS or the like. Check your connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back