2010 GTX 155

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hkg3k

I'm a current Waverunner VXR owner, but recently fell into a (freshwater) 2010 Sea-Doo GTX 155 for cheap. It has 50hrs on it, and has spent most of its life (except for winters) out in the elements on a drive-on dock. Other than "looking" like it has 300hrs on it...I think it's in decent mechanical shape. It doesn't appear to consume oil and has minimal water intrusion in use...I think what little water that's coming in, is primarily coming in at the rear deck hatches. Seems to run fine...jumps well out of the hole in Sport Mode and appears to reach full rpm (~7500) at WOT.

It has been serviced /repaired at the dealer and other than routine maintenance / winterizing...its repair history includes replacement of the instrument cluster in 2017 and replacement of the DESS switch prior to my taking possession few weeks ago. Never having had a ski with RIDE, IBR or even VTS...I'm on the upside of the learning curve...but am liking these additional features thus far.

My question...the couple times I've fired it up for a few seconds on the trailer, the pump / driveline rattles fairly loud, like my old Polaris Virage. Is this normal? My Waverunner is nowhere near as loud. There's no rattle in the water. I'm a DIY with maintenance / repair and want to stay ahead of any possible issues.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back