201? 210 SE Restoration Build {salt water :(}

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys

Gonna need alot of help on this build been out for a while I used to own an 97 Challenger which I loved sold that got 2 yamaha Gp1300r’s had those for a while sold and been having the itch to get back on the water since bit my budget been sorta tight

Saw an ad a week ago for a 201? (Guy says 2012 not sure though any help) challenger 210 SE original owner he claims the jetdock got a hole and sunk and the boat fell like halfway in the water with it and been sitting since he drained the water and tried to get as much water out of the engine as he could but that’s it its been a year and im in NY went to go see the boat body needs a good clean but saw one supercharger was pulled off its seized and full of salt doesn’t look like there is water in the oil I didn’t know how to check if a 4tec is seized and had to get back to work sterring wheel is rusted shifter is missing etc.. but everything else seems ok body and seats wise

I’m pretty handy never worked on a 4tec was mostly a 2 stroke guy but I learn pretty quick

my main question is I’m literally getting the boat for free the guy just wants it off his hands yesterday, im more looking to rebuild it then part it out
am I getting stuck in a money pit Electrical system wise? nothing is getting any power from the couple minutes I tried to work on it you can literally see water line in the fuse box

has anyone had a similar situation and had a hard time getting parts I know Seadoo stopped making boats

and what are chances engines are fried? I’m going back again tomorrow any pointers on what to look at?

gonna put what pics I have up so you guys can see

I don’t mind this being a winter project just trying to figure out as much as I can before I jump head first into this

any help is really appreciated!!
D458F182-F0D2-4868-ADBC-EA8C3358C405.jpeg58C23173-E36A-48B3-8401-4A9C6C6BB37A.jpegCB3F4AC2-5AF2-410F-AD83-D42FC67C863D.jpeg48127E97-4B1E-4D25-880C-03CC692A6013.jpegF5986DFF-BEED-450E-B6C3-E35D43BEDB21.jpeg56773279-3B43-4C0A-9B61-8CACC80422B2.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I think you paid the right price for it, looks like a lot of work. Sunk in salt water and not cleaned up right away is going to be a mess, especially if it got into the electrical stuff.

It seems to be pretty easy to get things like engine and pump parts since so much is common with the skis. Some cosmetic type things that are unique to the boats appear to be practically impossible to find except salvage. Lots of fittings are common boat parts that are still available through their original manufacturer once you figure out who that is.

The interior should clean up easily with a product called Marine 31. Those motors will cost a pretty penny to replace. If they've sat with saltwater in them for a year, consider them toast. I believe a new motor will set you back $4k - $5K each. The electronics and wiring harness will also more than likely be toast as well. No idea where you could source a new one. A 2012 210 SE is worth around $20K in excellent condition. Keep that in mind when tallying up the cost to rebuild the boat.

The interior should clean up easily with a product called Marine 31. Those motors will cost a pretty penny to replace. If they've sat with saltwater in them for a year, consider them toast. I believe a new motor will set you back $4k - $5K each. The electronics and wiring harness will also more than likely be toast as well. No idea where you could source a new one. A 2012 210 SE is worth around $20K in excellent condition. Keep that in mind when tallying up the cost to rebuild the boat.
thank you ill definitely check out the marine 31
and rebuilding the motor im assuming isn't an option with damage like this?

Ouch!! Might be fun to see what you can do but as mentioned it won't take long to get some $$$$ rolling. Possibly find a couple wrecked PWC for motors?

I'd say it's a 2012 from the gauge cluster, but I know engine wiring harness and ECMs are a pain to get, if it's even possible. Although Rotax still makes engines for other boats, the software on the ECMs are different than on the SeaDoos, so I wouldn't try swapping them out with a newer on. Wiring wise, you're going to have to trace almost all the wires to make sure nothing is nicked and your leads haven't corroded. Was the battery underwater?

Looks identical to my 2010. Same model. Except the wake tower is not factory

Those gauges are 2012 all day long. 2010 and 2011 look different. Below is a 2010 gauge cluster. The easiest way to tell the year of a boat is to check the last 2 numbers of the HIN on the transom. The last 2 digits are the model year.

2010.jpg

Those gauges are 2012 all day long. 2010 and 2011 look different. Below is a 2010 gauge cluster. The easiest way to tell the year of a boat is to check the last 2 numbers of the HIN on the transom. The last 2 digits are the model year.

View attachment 44495
Jpass is right. After zooming & seeing his pic he is spot on with his evaluation of the gauges cluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back