2009 SeaDoo RXT iS 255 - Check Engine?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve79

Yesterday I unexpected ran aground. I'm pretty sure I got little to no dirt or debris in the system. After pushing the ski out to deeper water, I restarted it but it would only do 4 mph all the back to the landing (1 mile).

The next morning I started it (same customary two beeps) and ran it for about 15-20 minutes. It ran like a champ. It easily hit 65 mph.

However, when I started to dock, it would not go into neutral or reverse. I tried cutting it off and restarting, but the same problem. The Check Engine light came on and it wouldn't cooperate.

It did appear to have plenty of speed in forward, but still the Check Engine light and no neutral or reverse.

Is there a reset feature that might need to be triggered, or is this something that must go back to the service center (a real pain to do).

You are in Limp Mode, Key in and don't start it, press 'Mode' Till you see 'Fault Code" then press 'set' and it will display the code. If you remove the problem the check engine will go away on it's own once it's proved to the ECM

You are in Limp Mode, Key in and don't start it, press 'Mode' Till you see 'Fault Code" then press 'set' and it will display the code. If you remove the problem the check engine will go away on it's own once it's proved to the ECM

Thanks very much. Will give that a try.

You are not in limp mode. You have an ibr issue. Look closely at the dash and you should see the ibr light and the check engine light on. 2009-2010 are known for ibr units failing. I've helped quite a few people out replacing these ibr actuators and converting them to the newer more reliable style. If you are not comfortable working on your ski then it needs to go to the dealer and be ready for a $2k-$3k quote to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back