2009 Rxt-X255 vibration / cavitation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

johna56

I picked up this RXTX 255 early last season and outside of a faulty intercooler causing a couple other ($$) problems, its been great. Today, as we pulled away from shore at slightly faster than idle (we were close but not beached), we picked up a couple rocks, i immediately turned the idle back and the rocks seemed to work themselves out through the no-wake zone. As soon as we left the no-wake zone and accelerated, the revs jumped, the machine did not go any faster and and there was (is) a deep "vibrating" sound that increased as i increased the gas. I shut it down, rocked it a bit, hopped off and checked underneath, hoping it was rope and not a rock (or worse). I couldn't feel anything so i brought it back in and towed it home. Day lost. After a more thorough look from underneath and form behind on the trailer, there does not appear to be anything impeding the impeller. I did notice that the driveshaft is covered in a plastic or rubber cover or seal. I did not know that the 2009 and 2010 driveshafts were faulty, but obviously do now. The machine is starting and sounds fine on the trailer. Is there engine damage that can occur as a result of a faulty driveshaft or is the possible damage limited to the impeller? Is this something someone with basic mechanical knowledge can diagnose in the driveway or is this really job for a Sea Doo mechanic?

I had same thing ski vibrating and lack any speed all it was was a twig the size of toothpick removed it problem solve. You would think it would cut it but it doesn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back