2009 rxt is 255 problems

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

adsz

Hi Guys i was hoping someone can shed some light on a couple of issues im having with my jetski firstly i had new wear ring and service done last week because the jetski was hitting the limiter for a few seconds before it got out of the water, since doing service a wear ring replacement i have put it in the water yet it is still doing the same thing...is this normal ? i have sinced checked the impeller which looks that it may be no good? see attached picture could this be the issue?

second problem i have noticed at top speed going on top of the water im hearing a grinding sound it comes and goes, what could this be? any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• impeller.jpg
    impeller.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 39
Grinding sound is usually driveline. Maybe a pump bearing but I would lean more towards driveshaft splines which would explain a lack of thrust at wot if the splines are worn and slipping.

That impeller is damaged and is the cause of hitting the rev limiter. Have it repaired.

Chester

Impeller got replaced all ok now regarding the thrust issue, had a seadoo dealer inspect the ski all looks ok with driveshaft, yet I’m still hearing grinding sounds that come and go. I have since been told the s3 hulls can make this noise??? Has anyone heard this also??

During my first ride on my 255 RXT I could hear the same noise you describe. After a few minutes I traded skis with my son-in-Law. While riding I came up close to him and could plainly see (and hear) that it was the way the water was hitting the hull.
Problem is now I can’t get him off of it long enough to ride myself.
Go ride and have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back