2008 Supercharger Washers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott0321

Well, I have made up my mind that this Spring I will pull the superchargers and make the switch to the metal washers to avoid eventual failure. Does anyone have any definitive information on when they switched. I have been reading that in 08 all PWC got the new style but the sportboats still have the ceramic style.

Next question would be are they easyto swap or do I need to send it out. Somewhat mechanically inclined but I don't want to be learning. I absolutely am dead set against taking it back to the stealership. Although the guys in my area have always been top notch I still don't trust as far as I can throw em.

I've got the twin 215's.

Just buy the Riva washers. They are tool steel, and very good quality. As far as doing it yourself... if you take the supercharger out (to save the $$$ on labor at a shop) Then you can have the washers swapped at a reputable shop.

It's not beyond a good home mechanic, but you need some special tools to do it.

There is a company that you can ship them out to and they will swap them and send them back. You just gotta remove and reinstall the SC's. Cant remember the name off the top of my head though. I will search around for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back