2008 speedster 200, seaweed sucked

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jalers01

After sucking some vegetation up I had to cruise at around 5 mph and did not know why I couldnt get up to speed. Everything was fine but when pulled up on trailer saw both impellars full of seaweed. Question is, what is the easiest way to clear it?

We have this occur many times, usually coming out of our "No Wake" channel. Sometimes I can kill one engine, and drive in reverse for a bit, then switch engines and repeat. Not always successful, but can work on some smaller vegitation.
Worst case, see JPass's post.

I keep a long stiff wire with a bend at the tip to reach in as best I can. Sometimes yoou have to from underneath, sometimes you can get it from the back. I also picked up a pair of the longest hemostats that Harbor freight had, but haven't had to use them yet.

I put the head of a small kids yard rake on the end of an adjustable handle so I can remove it by lying on the rear swim deck. Wish I had a pic, it works pretty good and has saved me from having to pull the boat out or go diving in cold water

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back