2008 seadoo challenger 180 215 max rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda1976

Premium Member
Premium Member
I recently changed wear ring, carbon ring and went with a skat trak 13/17 3 blade and I am getting 7400 max cruise rpm and 42 miles just wondering if anyone has opinions on this impeller and its a 215 sc with 140 hours. Am I low or seems right?

I thought that also but thinking the skat trak may drop rpms a bit

Changing the pitch of the prop will most definitely affect the "final drive" of the boat. This is quote for propellers, but still applies to impellers as well. Got it from this blog

"An engine that does not reach the rated RPM at wide-open-throttle is an “over-propped” condition, resulting in lugging."

You may want to go with a different impeller.

What did you start with and why did you pick this particular pitched impeller? I'd reach out to PWC Muscle or a local shop and see what they recommend.

I actually did not pick it it came with the boat and old owner never had a chance to change it. I will have to reach out to PWC muscle maybe for some advise

The only time I've been able to get 8000 out of mine is by pitching the stock impeller, which is a 10/21. That was 2 years ago now, but I'm pretty sure I actually lost 1 mph by doing it. Granted, I'm not a professional impeller bender haha.

Currently I'm running a Solas 13/18 with a 4" intake and a Fizzle F1000 and I'm still only spinning 7800 lightly loaded. With 2-3 adults it drops down the 7600-7700. 44-47 mph depending on the load and conditions.

I also have a Solas 14/19 and going by the numbers it should have a lower max rpm, but it doesn't. Honestly I can't tell the difference between the two. That said, I've never ran them back to back on the same day. Maybe I will on my next days off.

There is also a Solas 14/19R which is supposed to mean it's been placed in a pitch block to ensure accuracy. So how did they determine the pitch on the regular 14/19 or 13/18???? I don't have a pitch gauge, but on the bench my 13/18 and 14/19 look the same to my untrained eye.

Not sure how much difference there is between the 2008 and 2012 180s, but here are the specs from my repair manual for the 2012 180 215 horse:

Max RPMs: 8000 +/- 50
Stock Impeller: 11/17

Pwc muscle is recommending the solas 14/19 pitch would more suit a stock challenger 180. I think I will try one and should bring my rpm up and gain some top speed. I think the 13/17 is more for a lot of add on performance parts as the rpm would come up at the parts are added. Anyone interested in a trade would like a 13/17

Pwc muscle is recommending the solas 14/19 pitch would more suit a stock challenger 180. I think I will try one and should bring my rpm up and gain some top speed. I think the 13/17 is more for a lot of add on performance parts as the rpm would come up at the parts are added. Anyone interested in a trade would like a
Pwc muscle is recommending the solas 14/19 pitch would more suit a stock challenger 180. I think I will try one and should bring my rpm up and gain some top speed. I think the 13/17 is more for a lot of add on performance parts as the rpm would come up at the parts are added. Anyone interested in a trade would like to get a 14/19

Not sure how much difference there is between the 2008 and 2012 180s, but here are the specs from my repair manual for the 2012 180 215 horse:

Max RPMs: 8000 +/- 50
Stock Impeller: 11/17

That's interesting, my 06 manual says 10/21. The 08's do have a different part number though.

How's the bottom end with that 13/17?

Make sure you get the right 14/19 as there are two different ones. Your boat being a 2008, it should take the SRX-CD, but seeing as it's been modified there's a chance something else might be different. On the boats the impeller shaft changed in 2010 which also changed the impeller. Check out the parts pages and you'll see what I mean.

IMG_1031.JPG
This is the box from the 13/17 I have the bottom end pulls hard I think If my boat had more performance parts.

And I know there is a difference I heard and seen other posts. When I order I will confirm with one I require.

Haha I can’t that was the only picture I took before I changed them, wait I still have the old one I think at home I will check tomorrow at camp tonight stay tuned thanks for the help

I have two on the bench at home, but I'm away at work otherwise I'd take a better look from that side.

IMG_1734.JPGIMG_1733.JPG this is the back side of my original prop. So what type is this, and it’s funny how there is nothing mentioned on the box of the 13/17.

Just posting this is the the srx model prop for my boat. I will be going to a 14/19 vs the 13/17 I have on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back