2008 seado wake 215 supercharged

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was plan on buying a 2008 sea doo wake 215 supercharged with a 2009 trailer it has 49 hours on it. It looks very clean to me . Besides needing a wash job No salt water.no rust and a few tiny scratches. For 5,000$. Can some one tell me if its worth it and what to look for and any issues it should have wen I lake test it thanks very much. I am new too sea doo

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    794.4 KB · Views: 32
  • image.png
    image.png
    775 KB · Views: 31
  • image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 31
  • image.png
    image.png
    923 KB · Views: 31
  • image.png
    image.png
    712.5 KB · Views: 29
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
  • image.png
    image.png
    678.7 KB · Views: 27
  • image.png
    image.png
    675.4 KB · Views: 27
Being from Canada I can't comment on price but for sure the 2008 model year is an excellent year for not having any major factory issues. Just make sure the super charger has either been rebuilt (although at 49 hours it's unlikely due to hours run) or rebuild it due to time elapsing. Factor in about a $450 cost for this if you take it out yourself.

Ok Thanks very much! I have what a bit of mechanic knowledge but I am far from being a pro . Changed truck turbos before but never a jet ski . Does it actually depends on how hard he ride the Sea doo? Obviously more boost would mean a faster rebuild on the turbo correct

No it doesn't specifically. It's more a matter of just time used and aging of the components. The rule on this style of SC's is 2 years
or 100 hours - whichever comes first. There are some good threads on this issue in this forum. The forum also offers a great SC rebuild
service and the labor to do it is very reasonable and you are 100% sure it is being done right as well. The downside of an incorrect
rebuild is a possible blown engine so it's cheap at twice the price to have experts do it.

Well yes sir I agree and sounds good. What did you think about the pictures? Pretty clean or not? Older couple owned it. I am going to lake test it next saterday . I think it's 100% stock I may do the free flow exhaust to have a little more sound to it. Thank you!

I wouldn't say "pretty clean"...;) but it is hard to tell from those pics due to the fact it does need a real good detailing. From what I can see the hull looks fairly clean although I wonder at those white spots I see (if it's residue of salt). You can tell as well regarding salt if you have white calcium-type deposits on the jet drive or same type of spots inside the engine compartment specifically on the hoses and the clamps. The inside looks pretty dirty but that can obviously be cleaned. If it's oily residue that may be a sign of a previous issue. I can't see inside the jet drive to see if the impeller etc looks good (clean edges on the fin). You should know if there is any cavitation pretty quick when you ride it. Cavitation is when the machine feels like it's in "neutral" despite giving it gas - or perhaps taking time to get up and go. To an auto guy it would feel like the transmision is slipping...if you have cavitation it's indicative of probably a wear ring issue (not that expensive) and/or an impeller issue (bigger dollars) but both are not a massive deal. That would be part of the negotiations... You would certainly need to service the jet drive if you bought it (and you can easily do that yourself).

Depending on how long it's been sitting (and it looks like a while) the gas may be bad too so be prepared for it running rough until that is changed. These machines all like the plugs being top notch. You will also find out pretty quick if the gauge cluster throws any warnings or beeps. If you get any faults appearing you may have to go to a dealer or find someone who has a reader (like a Candoo) that you can plug into and see the fault codes.

This is getting pretty analytical but the test drive will tell you a lot especially how it sounds, acceleration, working gauges, water leaks into the hull etc.

Good luck and post your results!

Well thank you so much. Seems like you know what's going on and what I am going threw! They said no salt water and its supposedly been on only one l "supposedly "been on only one lake only fresh water. He has fired it up and ran it from water hose . But il get them to knock off 100$ for needing a new battery. But if it's been in salt I guess il pass on the buy. I told him I am going to run the crap out of it when I test it too see what happens if it breaks . It's not running properly. Or at least that's my "thery". I know my trucks and cars just not sea doo.

Don't let it run on the hose for over about a minute. As for salt it all depends on how much and whether it was
properly flushed after riding or if it was indeed continuously used and maybe not flushed or maintained. Properly maintained salt use is not necessarily a deal killer.

No disrespect intended but if I was selling and had a buyer tell me he was going to run the crap out of it
when he "tests it" I would tell him to take a hike.

Ok I gotcha well my better terms might be I am going to test it. I just want to make sure it will hold up. Hopefully there true full about being in one lake only and fresh water only guess il find out next saterday and keep u updated thank you I appreciate it very much ! And I know another question I'm guessing the oil should just be regular brown/black. Should I be listening for any unusual whistling from the turbo charger?

It’s a standard 4 stroke engine just like a car so all your car knowledge will apply. Oil should be brown or golden in color. As said before a supercharger rebuild is mandatory so factor that into your negotiation. Also check the impeller and wear ring for damage.

Well she cleaned up the machine today still going saterday to check it out .here is the latest pictures.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    767.4 KB · Views: 25
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • image.png
    image.png
    764.4 KB · Views: 31
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • image.png
    image.png
    991.2 KB · Views: 26
  • image.png
    image.png
    832.1 KB · Views: 21
That's looks great! It never fails to amaze me when a seller doesn't detail a machine prior to selling/advertising.

You only have one chance to make a first impression.

So remember what to check into and good luck!

The ski looks good , does it come with the ballast tanks?
The reason I ask is it has the quick disconnects for the tanks, one on both sides of the pump.

Gave them a call they said they have the quick connects. Looking forward too this machine. Only think I have noticed gone is the handle to help get on it on the back directly behind seat on top. I am not for sure what it's called .

Looking at picture #4 on the second set of pics you posted it does look like the handle is there, it is black instead of silver. You have to pull the small spring loaded pin and the post with the handle will pop up.

Well test drive the sea doo at first it was kinda spudering. Would run about 50 tops. then drove about 30 min and 5 more gallon of fresh fuel. It runs 70 no issues at all. I winterized it. And I fell in love with it. Thanks man for all the help you guys did!!

Great. I know you'll enjoy it! And I know I may get flak here for saying this but if you keep it stock
you'll get many hours of trouble free fun from it!

Well it's fast enough for me on wAter . Nothing compared to the Suzuki gsxr 1000 sport bike . But if I do anything it will be a free flow exhaust and more air better intake . That's the tops right there . Handles wave amazing or at least feels like it. The owner called me back and asked if she could by it back. I said no sorry . Felt bad .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back