2008 RXP-X 255 Speed

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbdave

I've been trying to determine how far off the speedo is by comparing a gps reading. I'm not having much success. Either the gps reading is higher or lower than the speedo depending on how fast you're going.

The boat is completely stock and reads a top speed of 70mph on the speedo. I haven't run that fast with the gps but I think at about 40mph the speedo reads about 5 mph higher than the gps.

Is what I'm seeing about what others see? Does this boat go 70mph stock? Anyone have any better info on this? If not I'll keep trying.

Thanks.

I'm bringing this back to see if anyone knows how fast a stock 2008 RXP-X is and how accurate the speedo reading is. Thanks for sharing any info you may have.

I'm bringing this back to see if anyone knows how fast a stock 2008 RXP-X is and how accurate the speedo reading is. Thanks for sharing any info you may have.

Just like the 215rxp, the stock 255p-x will top out at 68-70. It'll just get there a whole lot quicker. Replace the oem grate with an R&D, upgrade the air intake and install a taller prop...you'd be at 74-75.

That oem grate on the p-x will load that bigger pump tunnel for some nice cc running...but it also acts as one bigazz brake up top. It's BRP's nod to the Coast Guard to keep the ski below the magic "70".

The speedo on the '08's ain't any better...or worse, than previous yrs.

Thanks for the reply. The reason I posted this question is the speedo has no problem displaying the 70mph and that's as high as it reads, no matter what. Yet after it reads 70mph, the rpms are still increasing a bit and it feels like the speed is increasing by the seat of the shorts.

I've not had any luck getting a gps reading that I feel is accurate enough or steady enough to say the speedo is a definite x mph off. Just wondering if anyone has successfully determined how much these speedos are off.

This RXP-X is plenty fast and very quick but I'm just wondering if the top speed is actually 70 or not. I thought the Coast Guard limit was 65mph.

Are the newer Sea-Doos with the gps speedometer any more accurate than these with the paddle wheel speed sensor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back