2008 RXP Oil in Intercooler

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

braydenp89

Hi Guys

I recently purchased a 2008 RXP 255 ski took it out the first time after owner had it sitting for 2 years and found a rust hole in the intercooler.

Took it out and gave it to a guy to weld and as the photos show he done a shocking job but it has sealed it.

But after taking the jetski out after the first 5 minutes my ski really struggled and felt bogged down.

I usually get 113kmph and about 8000rpm but it would struggle to get to 100kmph and sat at about 7000rpm

Sometimes it would clear for a few seconds then I would lose all zip.

Pulled it back apart and found all this sludge and grease build up on one side of the intercooler. Now im guessing this is engine oil somehow ? The sludge is only on one side of the intercooler which i presume is the inlet side ?

Can someone please give me some advice and not short code parts or problems as I'm only new to this.

Would this be why my ski lacked power and zip ?

Thanks 20191208_111246.jpg20191208_111037.jpg20191208_111047.jpg20191208_111211.jpg20191208_111214.jpg

Attachments

• 20191208_111037.jpg
    20191208_111037.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Wash out intercooler and have it pressure checked
Do a compression check on engine as you may have an engine that is venting oil and possibly worn piston rings or seized pistion rings
You could also disconnect t the vent line to the intake stRt engine and check how much it’s venting

More important check if oil level is to high
You want it below full mark when cold

Do a compression check on engine as you may have an engine that is venting oil and possibly worn piston rings or seized pistion rings
You could also disconnect t the vent line to the intake stRt engine and check how much it’s venting

oil.jpg

do i need to have it in the water to check the intake and see how much it is venting and what should i be looking for?

i take it for me to pressure check the intercooler and check the compression on the engine this would best suit taking it to a mechanic?

Yes to a mechanic if your not mechanically minded or get a shop manual too
You can run the ski on the hose , same way you do flushing after a ride

Yes to a mechanic if your not mechanically minded or get a shop manual too
You can run the ski on the hose , same way you do flushing after a ride

i just took off the main hoses to the supercharger and found oil in the supercharger and hose is this normal?

has the seal failed and this is where the oil is coming in?intercool1.jpgintercool2.jpgintercooler3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back