2008 kawasaki ultra 250x whining noise

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

NMASQUINE

Good Day,

I have a 2008 Kawasaki ULTRA 250X with 92Hours,

When riding it, I get a very loud whining noise instantly when I accelerate, this noise only appears when I am in the water because when I flush the ski on the trailer there is no noise,

I checked the following:
- Supercharger Belt, stiff and tight and still has good grooves;
- Supercharger Oil, seemed to have very little oil, around half the mark and the oil was very tick kinda sluggish;

I have ordered the following to replace:
- New Supercharger Oil from Kawiperformace
- New Pumb bearings to replace the old ones, not yet upgrading to the 300X pump kit;

What could be the reason for this noise, the more you rev the higher the noise,
Also note that this ski had been stopped for almost a year at a 2nd Hand dealer,

All Assistance and ideas are welcome,

Thanks & Best Regards,

Could also be the through hull bearing or Rear Pto case bearing
These two need engine removal
Sell the machine and buy a Seadoo
The supercharger will cost u a fortune soon

Could also be the through hull bearing or Rear Pto case bearing
These two need engine removal
Sell the machine and buy a Seadoo
The supercharger will cost u a fortune soon

:(

I really like Kawasakis, thats a hard blow to take,

I will check all bearings and get back to you with an update,

Thanks,

Good Day Guys,

hope all had a great weekend,

Ok, so i replaced the supercharger oil,spark plugs, oil & oil filter,
- Used new NGK (4717) PMR9B Laser Platinum
- New Kawasaki Ultra 250X oil filter
- 4.5 Lts of oil came out, put 4.5Lts of 10W40 Synthetic Oil (4.5LTS = 0.989 US Gallons = 4.75 Quarts)
- Supercharger Oil from KAWIPERFORMANCE, 4OZ

I put the jet in the water and the whining is still there,
I seem to have lost some top speed because I was doing 112KMS (70MPH) 2 weeks ago and now doing around 86KMS (53MPH), water conditions were pretty much the same and in fact this weekend it was calmer, I also got a burning rubber smell inside the ski, really strong,

My boost was constantly at 10PSI with 3/4 to full throttle and this weekend it was going up and down between 7 to 10PSI,
RPM wise, 2 weeks ago 112KMS @ 7470RPM and this weekend doing only around 6800RPM,

What could be causing it?
I have not yet replaced the Bearings on the pump,

When i take off there is basically a slow acceleration, I hear the engine REV but I take off quite slow, its been like this since I got the ski, after some 10 to 15 seconds it starts to gain speed,

I also noted that there is no water coming out of the side outlet, while riding and while flushing, could it be clogged?

Regards,
Nadeem

Last edited:
@gazzaskirepair
Good Day,
I pulled out the guide vane last night and took a look at the splines, impeller and the vane,

The splines on the shaft seem ok and if you pass your finger around them you can clearly feel it, 20191125_204318.jpg

20191125_204313.jpg

20191125_204254.jpg

In the impeller they also seem ok (the splines),
20191125_204359.jpg

20191125_204339.jpg

I also found some broken parts on the vane,
20191125_204835.jpg

20191125_204849.jpg

Also please see the spacing between the impeller and the guide vane, seems to be too much (could this be the reason I have almost no start acceleration?

20191125_204333.jpg

Where can I get a good deal on a Guide vane and impeller?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back