2008 gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blksheep

Hello all,

I am having issues with my 2008 GTX. I am in the Florida Intercoastal and my ski dies last week. First of all I could only get it up to about 37 mph and it would lose power, then all of a sudden die. So I get Boat US to tow me in and I put it back on the trailer. I take it to a dealer in Florida, First Coast in St. Augustine and they say that it is 3/4 of a quart over for oil and the oil fouled the plugs. I had the 10 hour service performed in New Jersey by Surf City Seadoo. Well anyway Firstcoast charged me $125.00 saying that it was a maintece issue not a warranty issue. The ski only has 13 hours on it with a full 5 year warranty. So they change the plugs and say it is good to go. So I drop it back in and after 5 minutes it dies again in the water. I get it started again a couple times then call First Coast while I am on the water and they said we tried the plugs we guess its not that and that they have to order parts. They said it must be that the "hot oil" must have soaked and melted the rubber boots for the plugs and they are not seating right.

I am having terrible issues with one of the two dealerships. Surf City is saying that First Coast doesn't know what they are doing and vice versa. Does any of this sound right and does anyone know about First Coast Seadoo in St. Augustine?

Ricky

Having 3/4 qt. over full fouling spark plugs is possible but,in my opinion, not likely. Having "hot oil" soak into the rubber boots for the plugs (ignition coils) sounds like crazy talk. There must be more to this story than you're being told. If the ignition coils have been soaking in oil then there is a oil leak in the valve cover area and in my opinion would be a warranty issue. I don't see where having the engine 3/4 qt. overfull would cause oil to be on the ignition coils.

DAWG

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back