2008 GTX 155 Battery Drain

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

hd99flhr

Since the first day of purchasing my 2008 GTX 155 new, I have had a problem with the battery draining. When the ski sits for more than a couple of days the battery goes dead. I have been through three different dealers and not one of them can find a problem with the machine. My only fix so far is to remove the negative cable when I am not using the ski on a daily basis. I have replaced batteries and still have the same problem.
What's agrivating is that Sea Doo dealers can't fix it and now I am out of warranty. I just want the problem fixed.

Thanks

Put a digital ameter between the negative battery terminal and the negative battery lead. You should see some sort of current draw, then start unplugging fuses to see which circuit is causing the draw. Gl

Thanks for the reply. I finally noticed that after I unplug the key, the dash lights up like it is going through a self check for 2-3 seconds then shuts off. This repeats every 30 seconds. Thinking this is draining the battery. Any idea on where to go from here? Wondering if there is a short in the wirining at the key switch in the handlebar. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply. I finally noticed that after I unplug the key, the dash lights up like it is going through a self check for 2-3 seconds then shuts off. This repeats every 30 seconds. Thinking this is draining the battery. Any idea on where to go from here? Wondering if there is a short in the wirining at the key switch in the handlebar. Thank you.

theres a short in the wiring harness.. when my ski took on water it did the same thing.. every 15 seconds or so the dash would light up for a few seconds and then go off...

unfortunately... you may have to replace the whole wiring harness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back