2008 GTI 130 oil light and warning at 5000 rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnmc

Trying to trouble shoot my brothers GTI 130. Rough at idle (1200-2100) 5 min warmup- 1500-1800 back to 2100, 1/4 throttle chugs (rough no back fire) 1/2 throttle 3800 - 4600 rpm rough periodic drop to 2900, 3/4 throttle - oil waring light comes on with constant beep RPM 5000 - oil warning come on almost immediately when hitting 5k. Of Note: engine warning light does not come on, and oil warning only comes on hen the motor hits 5k.

Th Seadoo has new gas, oil at spec, was serviced by dealer in the fall. Rough first start up, changed fuel problem persists. Dealer changed the starter solenoid this springs because of a starting issue. Battery was charged to full at spring service. Plugs all looked normal.

I hope this helps you experienced guys. Could use a starting point for diagnosis.

Thanks all

If the plugs were not changed, even if they look good change them. That is a cheap first step. Second, check your oil filter to make sure it isn't collapsed. If not seated correctly when the canister is tightened down, it can collapse the filter causing your described symptom.

Also,,,the oil pressure sensor can fail,,,and put you into limp mode,,,they are cheap and easy to install.

Thanks for the advice once again. After checking the oil filter, I changed the plugs. Problem gone, works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back