2008 Challenger 180 SE Radio is all static and taking off side decals question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a blue 2008 Seadoo Challenger 180 Se. My radio plays cds,usb and auxiliary fine but will hardly pick up any radio stations without tons of static. It is a JENSEN AUDIO MSR3007 STEREO. I see cell phone like bars on the radio and they are usually always pretty high but i still get static (I have never hooked up the add on satellite radio to it so i assume those would be my radio signal bars?) I can not figure out how to get it unlocked and out of the glove box to look at the back of the wires, It has gotten wet in the past, could that have caused it? Do i need a special tool to get it out? Also if i need to replace it can i get an upgraded model that would fit up there with my same wire hookup and without needing to drill anything or would i have to buy the same unit to put back?

Next Question;
The big bottom blue and green decals on the bottom side of my boat are scratched up pretty badly. I've read its fairly easy to take those off with a blow dryer? If so whats the best way? It's always been garage stored so i wouldn't think there would be sun lines? I'm just not sure if that would look silly without the bottom decals on both sides?

Thanks for all the help!

Attachments

• IMAG0935-1.jpg
    IMAG0935-1.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 31
Decals- peel what you can with a heatgun. Any stubborn decals can be removed fairly easily with a rubber wheel... Check amazon, they can be had for about $12-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back