2007 Utopia SE Intake Question..Help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jfuller

I have a 2007 Utopia SE, new to me however, and I have no idea how to clear this thing of whatever I sucked up in there today. Family was out on the lake crusing along at about 35 MPH and heard a crazy noise, it slowed the motor, then freed up, then again and stayed there. We went home very slowly and it had the same noise if I were to throttle up.This was the first time I experienced this, I put the boat up on the hoist and looked around the intake grates, but did not see anything? I am not sure how to check these, and next steps. I could not see up there much at all and my hand does not even fit through the grates so preseume whatever we ran over has to be fairly small. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks for your time.

Get yourselves a good flashlight first. Crawl under and look into the intake grate. The other thing to do is to put the throttle forward and look from behind. Clear out whatever is stuck there. Then take it out on the water and see if it is okay. If it doesn't, you will need new wear rings. Good luck. Hope it isn't anything bad.

Thanks so much for the reply,..will try that this weekend. Also, I see you have the same boat as I. Do you know if the captain's seat can be replaced? The reason I ask is that I am 6'3" and it sits incredibly low in the cockpit for my liking and would love to replace it with something. Thanks again!

Take a good look at the blades and make sure nothing got jammed in there. I had a stick about 1/4" in diameter and 3/4" long get wedged between the blade and the sidewall.

Thanks Ryan,
Would you mind if I called you? The reason I ask is I am so new to this I have no idea where to look and what to remove? I am heading back down to the boat this weekend and really want to run it on the Holiday.

I haven't investigate the seat option. I don't like the fact that it doesn't adjust forward or backward. I am shorter than you but I still find it sitting pretty low. I usually sit on a floatation cushion and on one knee.

Did you find what was in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back