2007 Speedster starting problems.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

trevorspayne

Thank you for clicking on this post!

I have a 2007 Speed's 150 with 96 hours. I took it out for the first time this season in Georgia Had no problem starting the boat up - ran fine. Was able to put in gear and get started up to 4500 rpm and about 45 seconds after running I felt a loss of power that worsened. the engine started running very weak and eventually stopped. I was able to start it up one more time shortly before it died again. I did not hear a noise when the issue started, only the rough engine sounds.

My problem is I cant find anyone to work on the boat because they say it is too old (is this normal?). So, I am hoping I could get some advice on the most common or likely issue here.

fuel did not have stabilizer - could it be bad gas?

Full disclosure as I made some end of season mistakes. I usually keep the boat in my garage over the winter. we had one below freezing night before I stored it while I was out of town before I brought it back. I do run the engine for 30 seconds when I get out of the water to get water out, but did not winterize. Could this have caused the cylinders to seize and cause this scenario? Would it have started at all if water froze?
No engine or warning lights are alerting when put key on.

If your machine is the 155HP version, not wintererizing it should not be a problem.

If it is the 215HP version, there may be water in the aluminum intercooler (IC) in the intake. Water can freeze and expand, splitting the unit. It then can allow water to leak into the intake.

If this is the case, you machine will run poorly as mentioned.

Since the IC is integrated into the intake it is hard to see if it is leaking. I have the external IC which is easier to troubleshoot.

If it is not leaking, I would also say that if you didn't treat the fuel, it could give you poor performance. The easiest way to fix that is to buy octane booster and dump it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back