Shop Discount Sea-Doo Parts

2007 Seadoo Speedster 150 Blower

pixel

The bildge blower on my 155 isn't working. It stopped sometime last summer I think, and am fixing it before getting it out this year. All other electrical is working fine (lights, bilge pump, stereo, starter all good).

I checked the voltage to the blower and it looked OK, so I assumed the blower itself was dead. I ordered a new one, but decided to re-test the old one before replacing it. Sure enough, when connected directly to a 12V source, it goes just fine. So now, both new and old not working when plugged to the blower connector, but spin fine on a 12V source.

Thinking I must have a loose wire and got lucky with the first voltage reading, I double checked voltage again, and again. Every time it is 12V+ when the blower switch is engaged, and then 0V when switch is open. Not sure how that makes sense when plugged directly to 12V that it spins, but not when connected normally. I double checked the fuse -- it looks good, and when the fuse is pulled there is no voltage at the blower plug or light on the switch.

Am I missing something obvious?

10forty2

Water Crafts
2005 Sea Doo Speedster 200
Not being exactly sure how the blower is wired, (I haven't had the need to check mine yet), most 12VDC applications are sent the positive voltage from the battery through a switch, then a fuse block, then to the appliance.... and the negative or ground of the appliance is connected to a common ground buss or in the case of a car, a commonly grounded piece of metal. Check to make sure how the blower fan is grounded properly and make sure that ground pathway is good/clean.

Water Crafts
04 Sportster 155
07 GTI 130
07 GTI 155
06 RTX
01 GS
97 GTX
97 GTI
96 SP
I had the same issue, and it was a Bad Switch and Bad Blower. Had to replace both and it worked perfectly

pixel

I checked out the ground path but the issue doesn't seem to be there. (I get the same result with direct connection to battery ground terminal).

New info however, I was previously measuring the voltage unloaded at 12V. However, with the blower connected, the "ON" voltage is a measley 0.05V. I think that means either bad wiring or bad switch giving high resistance on the positive line.

I will clean and/or replace the switch next ...

Last edited:

10forty2

Water Crafts
2005 Sea Doo Speedster 200
I checked out the ground path but the issue doesn't seem to be there. (I get the same result with direct connection to battery ground terminal).

New info however, I was previously measuring the voltage unloaded at 12V. However, with the blower connected, the "ON" voltage is a measley 0.05V. I think that means either bad wiring or bad switch giving high resistance on the positive line.

I will clean and/or replace the switch next ...

Easy enough to test.... make a jumper wire and jump the terminals on the switch. If the blower works, there's your answer!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:16)

SPONSORED LINKS

Usergroup

Administrator Moderator Premium Member