2007 Seadoo Seats

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was driving down the freeway yesterday and 2 of my seat cushions flew out on the freeway. They were hit by cars and destroyed. The previous owner did not have the plastic darts connected. He used velcro to hold them in place. Now I'm looking for a driver cushion and passenger cushion. Is my only hope to find someone that's parting out a boat or is there any other way to find these?

I purchased an 06 with the same problem.
Best solution was to find an industrial plastic supplied... got 1/8th" (or 16th..can't remember) 4 x 8 ABS sheet (they don't come in smaller sizes) ...and spent the day making a mold with a heat gun and a router/dremel .... the foam was a few hours at as well .

I'm assuming you're referring to the outside part (U shaped)? not the middle part?

I purchased an 06 with the same problem.
Best solution was to find an industrial plastic supplied... got 1/8th" (or 16th..can't remember) 4 x 8 ABS sheet (they don't come in smaller sizes) ...and spent the day making a mold with a heat gun and a router/dremel .... the foam was a few hours at as well .

I'm assuming you're referring to the outside part (U shaped)? not the middle part?

Thanks for the response. I'm actually starting with nothing. Both seats were hit by cars on the freeway before I was able to get back and pick them up and they were completely destroyed. There's a plastic piece on the bottom of the seat with holes for the plastic darts so that would need to be made also.

You never mentioned which model boat you have, but I'd check eBay as I've seen many Sea Doo boat seats offered on there in the past.

I just realized I didn't put "Speedster" in the title. It's a 2007 Seadoo Speedster with the red interior. I've checked on Ebay but haven't found much. I thought I would ask here just in case there were any other options. I'm open to any colors as long as I can get the foam and the mount on the bottom. I can always have them recovered.

Definitely appreciate the advice. I've emailed several of the sellers on ebay that sell the actual marine vinyl but not a single one of them offers the complete seat with the foam. I think I may be stuck going to a local upholstery shop and seeing if they can fabricate something.

Here is a picture. It looks like the previous owner removed the darts and tried to velcro the seats down which did not withstand the wind while I was driving down the freeway.

View attachment 41662

I would say consider yourself VERY lucky! mine is the style that has two parts forming the cushion ... it means when I bent the plastic, the cut out U in the middle was narrower at the top...making it difficult to achieve the angle.

Honestly - get yourself a heat gun ($20), ABS plastic sheet, 3M foam glue, and some foam. It'll take you a few hours and you will have a semi-perfect seat. You'll need to order the upholstery from one of the suppliers on here (great experience with Keith)

Thanks wellysm. When you say use a heatgun and ABS plastic, how exactly are you forming the seat? Do you have pics from when you did yours?

Thanks wellysm. When you say use a heatgun and ABS plastic, how exactly are you forming the seat? Do you have pics from when you did yours?

I looked at the old one (had to remove the upholstery - if you do it careful you can reuse it) - made a paper stencil, copied it to the abs sheet... cut it, then used the heat gun to heat it (with thick gloves) and form it by hand.
You can use the fiber glass in your boat to make sure fit is good. The weight will go on the flat area - the wings on the side are just for seat form.

I hope this post can help others - I've been meaning to make a thread with a step by step process... may get to it in the next couple of days

*** The plastic photos - the left side (wing) was accidentally cut - this wasn't the final version...but looked similar
20170628_171001_resized.jpg20170628_170911_resized.jpg20170630_133356_resized.jpg20170630_134219_resized.jpg20170630_150544_resized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back