2007 Seadoo GTI 130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbaird4000

So, I have been out of the sport for a number of years and hope that someone in this forum would be willing to help me out. I am currently looking at a 2007 Seadoo GTI 130 with 93 hours on it. According to the owner, the Seadoo has not given him any trouble and he regularly services it on his own (oil changes). The seller was asking 4500 for the watercraft but after doing some research I felt as though that was a bit high. I offered him 3700 and he countered at 4000. The craft will come with a trailer that is in great shape and a cover. What do you all think of the price given the limited amount of info that I am able to provide? Furthermore, how is the reliability with this particular Seadoo and is there anything that I should be looking for when I water test it on Friday? Lastly, the reason I chose to go with the GTI is because 1) it is in my price range 2) I need something that will hold 3 adults totaling roughly 600-700 pounds. I will probably only be placing 3 adults on the watercraft a max of 2-3 times per year and the rest of the time it will be ridden with 2 passengers. Will this watercraft pull a tube with an adult on it and 500 pounds on the seadoo. I'm 6'1" and 248 and my friends are about the same. Thank you for any input you can provide that will help me to make an educated decision.

I think that's a fair price at $4gs with trailer. Up here in Can, I sold an 06' with new trailer and shore station lift for $7500.00 and that was a friendly price too. With three full sized adults it will feel a little underpowered, with one rider and a person in tow it will work. I sold my GTI 06' to my womans uncle ... he's 200+lbs and he pulls his kids around just fine. Not the fastest ski on the lake but sure is QUIET!!! ... my neighboring cottagers certainly appreciate that!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my post. One more question, is it ok to hook a tow rope to the U hook in back of the seadoo or do I need to have it replaced with an actual tow hook from seadoo which is basically the same thing with a little metal appendage that stands vertical. I ask because on seadoos website (under previous model years) it states that a tow hook is an option on the model I'm looking at. I just didn't know if the factory tow hook provided any extra bracing that would strengthen it.

Mine is an older ski, but I am pulling 200-250 lbs buddies on that little U hook in the back. Haven't seen any signs of stress on the glass or heard any cracking/popping while using it.

I have the 787 and mine was definitely underpowered with 3 adults on it. We rode it out of the no-wake zone together then stopped to get one guy on the tube. This stood us up like a wheelie and dumped us all off. So we got back on, and with me @ 205 & Rich at 185 on the ski, pulling Jeremy @ 190, it took us a little while to get out of the hole and up on plane. It would get on plane, and pull good at 35mph easily once up, but I won't stress it with that much weight again.

We usually have 3-6 skis in our group everytime so we just take two out. Great for videos from the second ski, and trailing for safety. Seems we have a bunch of boaters that don't look or don't care at the State Park here, and they almost ran my son over last summer pulling him on a tube with our boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
That makes me feel better, thanks for the response. Tipping over with 3 guys is funny, lol. A few weeks ago I purchased a polaris slth 700 for the sole purpose of finding out whether or not my fiance likes the sport. I didn't want to purchase an expensive boat just for her to hate the sport. Anyhow, one day we were on the lake and she decided to stand up on one side and the next thing you know plop, into the drink. Somehow I got blamed for it, lol. Then there was another time when it was just she and I and I decided to hop off for a quick swim. When I attempted to reboard the entire rear end sunk under the water about 3 inches. That's when I decided that I had to have a larger pwc. Something like the 04 RXP i used to own. That craft was so stable and even with my 350 lb 6'7" friend on the back it wouldn't sink down while reboarding. I hope the new GTI is the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a problem ... re: water test friday/maintaince

Maintaince is pretty laxed with this engine. Keep an eye on your oil and coolant, oil level should be right between the two bends on dipstick, if the oil is milky this is a sign of water intrusion and should be dealt with. Coolant should be at the max line. When you test ride it bring along a gps, you should be seeing around 45-50mph. This ski isn't a bullet but should get you up on plane fairly quickly and smoothly. Those are reasonalble hours for this ski, I've seen some rentals with 400+hrs on them. Let us know how the test drives goes ... and post back any other questions. If you buy it ... post up some pics!!
:cheers:

I'll be sure to check the oil and coolant as you suggested. If I do choose to purchase it I will be sure to post some pictures and let you know what I think of it. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back