2007 seadoo 230 wake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

my_nanc

Here is the deal i am looking at a newer boat i had a 1998 seadoo challenger 1800 and sold it i was looking at the 180 but dont think it will meet my wants and needs so now i found a 230 wake and dont know what to do there is a huge price difference and boat difference but i think i will be upset with the smaller 180?.. help me people that have either of these to decide.
How much fuel will i go through
how deep of water
how much power
anything to look out for (engines, pumps etc)

boat for shallow water for pulling up to beach
wakeboarding
ability to add ballast
perfect pass
power to pull wakeboarder and ski or tube

Just any input will help me as it is a lot of money...

i had a 180 SP and quickly swapped for a 230 wake. The 180 was nice, but was too small for me. I wakeboarded behind each, and the 230 is a lot easier to get up with, and the wake is nice and big. I still go to all the places with the 230 that i did with the 180 too. IT's a little harded to get off the beach, since it's heavier, but it's not bad. Really i just anchor it in about 3 feet of water or so. Fuel consuption isn't near as bad as people think either. I use about 50% more fuel than i did with the 180, but it's so worth it. The perfect pass is the best thing ever put on a boat, and the 430hp is more than plenty. I have a 2012, so the ballast is heavier than the 2007, so i'm not sure about that part. With the promotional financing available, maybe you can loook into 2012 model? Good luck, and you'll love the room on the 230.

new will not be an options as this boat will be bought in canada i found one for 31000 plus tax new is in the 600000 range here in canada.

You found that rig for $31000.00!!!!

If that thing runs good and in good shape you better go buy it before I do!!

Jokin' but I'd be just all over that! Those are sweet boats man get it you won't be dissapointed.

its a lot of money almost more than my new truck ha ha i am wating to see if this is something i can aford.

Yah I hear yah, i dropped 24K on a my speedster earlier this year. But I basically live at my cottage from april till sept so it gets used ALOT which justisfies it (well for me anyways)! Get us some pics of this monster if you grab it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back