2007 sea doo rxt loss of power and noise like marbles

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

grant747

I'm new here and I want to thank everyone in advance for helping. After reading many posts it seems I have much to learn.

I have a 2007 Sea Doo RXT 215. Bought it new in '08 and the Supercharger has been rebuilt once under an extended warranty by Riva Motorsports in South Florida. I have about 150 hours on it since new (about 60 since Supercharger rebuild) and last time I had it out I suddenly lost power. I could hear the engine rpm rev up but had little thrust and sounded like there were marbles rattling around in the engine area. I mostly idled back and it seemed the noise would come and go with a rise in RPM although it was also there at idle occasionally.

Having read quite a number of posts, and hoping it is a supercharger issue instead of an engine issue, I decided to remove the SC and send it in for a rebuild. I watched some videos I found on this forum (Thanks PWCMUSCLE) the removal was fairly easy. Here are some pictures of the SC and engine opening

DSC01006.jpgDSC01007.jpgDSC01009.jpgDSC01015.jpg

Hope I did that picture attachment right.

Any suggestions on what's next. I assume an oil and filter change (there is a filter right ?) I'll search the forum for specific instructions on that. I'd also like to get a service manual. Any suggestions there ?

I really don't have $$ to take it anywhere so if I don't do it myself, it just sits there...

I'm new here and I want to thank everyone in advance for helping. After reading many posts it seems I have much to learn.

I have a 2007 Sea Doo RXT 215. Bought it new in '08 and the Supercharger has been rebuilt once under an extended warranty by Riva Motorsports in South Florida. I have about 150 hours on it since new (about 60 since Supercharger rebuild) and last time I had it out I suddenly lost power. I could hear the engine rpm rev up but had little thrust and sounded like there were marbles rattling around in the engine area. I mostly idled back and it seemed the noise would come and go with a rise in RPM although it was also there at idle occasionally.

Having read quite a number of posts, and hoping it is a supercharger issue instead of an engine issue, I decided to remove the SC and send it in for a rebuild. I watched some videos I found on this forum (Thanks PWCMUSCLE) the removal was fairly easy. Here are some pictures of the SC and engine opening

View attachment 36882View attachment 36883View attachment 36884View attachment 36885

Hope I did that picture attachment right.

Any suggestions on what's next. I assume an oil and filter change (there is a filter right ?) I'll search the forum for specific instructions on that. I'd also like to get a service manual. Any suggestions there ?

I really don't have $$ to take it anywhere so if I don't do it myself, it just sits there...

Super Charger looks ok to me...

Loss of thrust sounds like something went bad in your jet pump. As suggested, pull it and check impeller, bearings, and wear ring. My guess is your problem is in that area.

Had this same issue on my 2004 and it ended up being a wear ring. Replaced with a SS wear ring for $80 off amazon. My ski is back to running 70 mph at around 7800rpm.

Had this same issue on my 2004 and it ended up being a wear ring. Replaced with a SS wear ring for $80 off amazon. My ski is back to running 70 mph at around 7800rpm.

Careful using a Stainless Steel ring. The wear ring is called that as it is designed to wear instead of the Impeller. Most times its best to have a less expensive sacrificial part. Something to think about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back