2007 gti po462

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

VinceHay

Premium Member
Premium Member
Hi All…. I’ve done quite a bit of searching on this forum and elsewhere. I don’t really see an answer to this question.

2007 seadoo gti we (new to me, I know no history.)

When I plug this key into Cando, there was a list of codes, I was able to clear them all except P0462. I wasn’t getting any fuel pressure so I swapped out the fuel pump and sending unit with another one I had, I still have the code, And the unit will not spin over with the start button

If I jump the starter solenoid, it will spin, but will not start. Still no other codes present.

I see other threads here that talk about this being an MPEM issue however, I do not believe this key has an MPEM unless I am mistaken about that.

I’m really at a loss as to where to go from here any suggestions?

No mpem on 2007. Are you getting 2 beeps when you put the key on and does the fuel pump come on?

At first I was getting 2 beeps, now I am getting 1 long beep. I am also getting the repeating beep letting you know the key is still on the post. I do not think the fuel pump is coming on, I will verify if I I have fuel pressure to the rail.

If you don't get 2 beeps, it will never start and the fuel pump will not come on. Is your battery good?

Yes, battery is brand new & charged. (Cranks very well when i apply ground to the starter solenoid) All fuses check good with test light, relay is good (swaped it). I have unplugged every electrical connector I can find and inspected. They all look great, no corrosion at all. Because i got the double beep one time and not any other, I programmed in another key and I also changed the DESS post....neither of these helped.

Does your cluster come on and work fine? Long beep can be low voltage, wrong key, or communication error with the cluster.

Cluster is not working at all. I’ve looked at the connectors and don’t see anything obvious.

The cluster and the ECU have to work together for the ski to run. 2007 was the first year for that style of electronics without an mpem. Is the cluster plugged in? Many times it will still work even though nothing is on the screen. Does it have moisture in it or is the screen burnt?. Your focus needs to be on getting 2 beeps. Did you ever jump start or hook up a battery charger to the ski?

Actually, the cluster looks really good, just nothing illuminates on the screen at all. I’ve gone over the cluster connectors a couple times, they are well seated…no visible corrosion.

Yes, I used the battery charger and a jump box in order to attempt to start it before I replaced the battery , am I to assume this may have damage the ECU?

Back