2007 Challenger 215hp 4-Tec w/ apparent oil leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkc65

I've got a 2007 Challenger with the 215hp 4-tec. Had it out 6 or 7 times this summer and was running great. 2 weeks ago I noticed oil substance on the items in the ski locker and when checking the oil level, see that it was down to the fill line. Performance didn't seem to be suffering at all as I took it back in. My mechanic buddy tried to diagnose where the apparent leak is coming from but can't find anything on the engine although he didn't pull it out so he's only looking at the upper part of the engine. Any suggestions on where we should be looking? Any common problems we should be looking at?

Appreciate the replies in advance.

Could be any number of places. Check around the oil filter. Lot of pressure there and if one of the 3 o rings (two around the cap and 1 for the center bolt) is bad that could cause a leak. Take a paper towel and blot it around the engine check the front oil pump and the Pto at the back. If it’s leaking enough to see in the locker you should be able to see on the paper towels.

So the oil is in the ski locker? What about the engine compartment? If it is not in the engine compartment, it is not from the engine. Is it possible a bottle of sunscreen is not down in your ski locker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back