2007 3d DI NIGHTMARE!!!! I need help!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn88

Alright folks, After years of research I finally bought a 3d a few months back , and its been hell. I bought an 07 Di model and after two months of owning it I have maybe an hour ride time. It lives at the dealership! And heres what happened:

Day one , did an over all inspection , fresh fuel and oil and hit the lake. Had a blast for an hour or so then it would stall, like cut right. Im pretty sure motor seized and it just cut off. Take key off post , put it back on , get motor to turn and then boom , lasted anther half hour. Brought to dealer and it was blown. well low compression.

After a total inspection and one long month they came up with nothing , not a clue why it did this. everything was looked over. So full rebuild and we hit the water

Ride number two , five minutes in to first ride , seized , total cut off. key in and out , got it turning forced it to shore and sure enough , total destruction! back to dealer.

Dealer is not happy at this point , now they are payin. They rip it back apart , another total rebuild but this time they run it and they watch it entil they see whats goin on. They find that the oil pump is kickin off every now and then , so order a pump , bill me for it and everything should be 100%.

Ride number three , this past week end , Friday ran awesome , satruday ran awesome , sunday ran good till then end of day , guess what happened , cut off! complete shut down , get to shore grab compression tested and wow , 60 psi and 90 psi.

I forgot to mention this unit was bought new in 2007 but never used! when I picked it up it had 12 hours on it , it is in perfect condition , showroom condition.

I am lost and so I dealer , I need help or some insight!

The trouble with the 3d is it does not have an hour metre. Anyone telling you it has 12 hrs use should wear a mask. It sounds more likely your ski had a blown head gasket or a crack in between the water jacket and back pressure has kept coolant away from vital areas.
You stated you put fresh oil in it. Did you tip old stuff out. And did you bleed the lines of any air.

Even though there is no gauge for the user to read hours on the 3D, all seadoos keep track of hours in the MPEM or ECU. Dealers with BUDS or a CanDoo system can read the hours. This is recommended when buying a 3D although most 3Ds I see don't have many hours. Mine has like 32 hours on it I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back