2006 Utopia 205 - electrical issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattard

I just got a 2006 Utopia 205. Ran well when I was inspecting it. Then towed it for about 6 hours. Put it in the water. Started fine right away and ran great. Turned it off, then it wouldn't turn back on again. Battery is fine but something is intermittent. Fan runs, then 30 seconds later nothing will run, no fan no horn, nothing at all. Even when the fan runs, neither of the two engines will start. Not even trying to turn over. Battery is fine as when the fan runs it's not struggling at all. My guess is that there's a electrical connection issue somewhere, but I have no idea where to start looking. I'm not mechanical at all. Any ideas from the Sea-Doo community? Thanks.

You may have a weak battery. Was the main power off when you picked it up and towed it? First think to check is the battery. The fans running mean nothing, they don't use a lot of power...

I was able to solve this issue. The problem was that one of the wiring harnesses under the instrument panel wasn't properly connected. I disconnected and reconnected and all was ok. Explains the intermittent issues with the fan and the starter buttons. I'm guessing that something loosened during towing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back