2006 Utopia 205 blowing gas from one cylinder

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

smithrow

Was out tubing last night and the left engine wouldn't start...it would crank, but not ever start. We limped into the marina and took the boat to a mechanic this morning. He removed the plugs to do a compression test and when he cranked the engine, gas shot out of the 3rd cylinder. He said it could be the ECD is out, not telling the injector when to shut off, or possibly a blown valve. No one can get us in to a shop around here until mid August...

Any thoughts?

If the valve is bad.... there would be no compression in that cyl. Also... the injector is closed... and the ECU OPENS the injector.

So... to start with... that mechanic is an idiot.

Second... you will need to do your own checks, and let is know what you find.
1) Compression
2) Spark on all 3 plugs.
3) Fuel pressure
4) power on the injectors.

Lastly... this is obviously an 4-stroke engine... I will move it to the proper forum.

So, I took the boat to another mechanic who ran a few tests and said that he thought it was the fuel injector. The fuel injector was stuck open, allowing a constant flow of gas. We ordered a new fuel injector and had it replaced...took the boat out last night and after running the boat for a couple of hours, it happened again...engine won't start and that same fuel injector is allowing the cylinder to flood with fuel. I have done some searching on the internet and it said a common problem with that is a "short to ground" on the injector, or a bad ECU.

Anyone ever had an issue with either of those before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back