2006 Speedster 200 Trailer docking issues.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tlemrowjr

I enjoy the hell out of the Boat but I LOATH taking it out of the water! We purchased the boat and trailer used and it was repossessed, so I have no idea is the trailer is the original one. Regardless we have a hell of a time getting the boat out of the water. Every time and I have tried all different approaches to get the boat on the trailer smoothly, without fail the bow of the boat gets caught under the wench. It seems like the Bunks are not elevated enough to give the boat the ability to ride up over the wench and on to the Bow Stop. I noticed the wench has some adjustment points and could be lowered, however I am not sure this will help. I think the boat is still going to hit the wench and be prohibited from reaching the bow stop. Then to make matters worse we are on the coast and operate in the inter-coastal waterway so he have the tidal current to deal with. Inevitably the damn boat will drift off the trailer before I can get it shutdown or pulled up on the trailer. Again as if the Bunks are not the correct ones. I have considered adding guide poles to the trailer to help with centering and corralling the boat in the loading process.

Has any other owners had this issue, if so how have you resolved it?

Attachments

• 20200711_194115.jpg
    20200711_194115.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
  • Trailer Wench.jpg
    Trailer Wench.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
1. That’s the same trailer I had when I had a speedster 200 wake
2. Tbh it almost sounds like you’ve got your trailer backed too far in the launch.

I always backed my trailer in to soak the bunks and then pulled the trailer out until the the front of the bunks (closest to winch) we’re out of the water with maybe a foot or so visible. Maybe just try that to start and see what works

1. That’s the same trailer I had when I had a speedster 200 wake
2. Tbh it almost sounds like you’ve got your trailer backed too far in the launch.

I always backed my trailer in to soak the bunks and then pulled the trailer out until the the front of the bunks (closest to winch) we’re out of the water with maybe a foot or so visible. Maybe just try that to start and see what works

I thought I had tried everything but I can't say as I have tried that specifically. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Thanks for the input!

I second the too deep sentiment. I drop mine until just the top of the fender is at water level. Drive up on bunks, connect strap and winch it until the bow is just a few inches aft of the bow stop (so when it raises up, it won’t hit). I pull out about 3-4 feet and the ass-end of the boat settles down on the trailer as it comes out of the water. Bow pops up to proper level, then I winch the last foot or so, and pull her out. I did add guide poles for $150 and now it’s stupid simple to get it on the trailer. Pics of the poles and info are here:

https://www.seadooforum.com/threads/but-it-can-buy-me-a-boat-tldr-noob.111044/

I second the too deep sentiment. I drop mine until just the top of the fender is at water level. Drive up on bunks, connect strap and winch it until the bow is just a few inches aft of the bow stop (so when it raises up, it won’t hit). I pull out about 3-4 feet and the ass-end of the boat settles down on the trailer as it comes out of the water. Bow pops up to proper level, then I winch the last foot or so, and pull her out. I did add guide poles for $150 and now it’s stupid simple to get it on the trailer. Pics of the poles and info are here:

https://www.seadooforum.com/threads/but-it-can-buy-me-a-boat-tldr-noob.111044/
Perfect description...winching the last foot and a half will center the boat..
Also... After you get the boat in the water next time, try adding some dish detergent to the carpet on the bunks....makes it slide right off, and on.

I had this same exact thing happen the first two times I recovered my Challenger. I, like the others, discovered that leaving more bunk out of the water remedied the situation. I also tell everyone to sit in the back of the boat to get the bow up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back