2006 RXP 215 - Instrument gauges not working, won't start but has power. Help please?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlieab94

This is a long story so I will start from the beginning and give as much info as I can.

I went out on my jetski this morning and all was good. I beached the ski at the coastal pub and went for a beer and all was good. I then got back on my ski and found it to be properly beached and the rear impeller housing contained some stones/sand. I did not know this at the time and did attempt to start the jetski which it did fire up but then cut out because of the blocked impeller (I assume).

I then got the jetski pulled out of the water and on to the trailer. I took apart the rear impeller housing and removed the impeller to remove all the stones/sand which was no problem at all. I inspected all the moving parts in the impeller housing and all seems fine.

I then went to start the jetski on my driveway to make sure all was okay and it wouldn't start. The key lanyard was registered, I could hear the fuel pump and the engine turned over but would not start. I checked the instrument cluster and it showed error code P1680 (Communication problem detected by MPEM).

I checked all the fuses, cleaned and tightened the battery cable connections and tried again. Still wasn't starting.

Then the instrument cluster stopped working.

The jetski still turns on when the lanyard is put on, the fuel pump makes a noise and the engine turns over but just won't start.

I then again went through all the connectors near the MPEM, checked the fuses once more and tried to see if anything obvious had occurred but can't see any lose wires or connections.

So this is where I am at. Please help me?

Quick Summary:

1) Blocked impeller with stones - now cleared.
2) Engine not starting - P1680 code shown.
3) Engine not starting - Instrument gauges now not working.
4) There is power at the battery, all fuses are intact, all connections seem to be okay, lanyard key is picked up by the DESS post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back