2006 Loadrite double trailer cracking fender brakets

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

tkarvelis

I am debating on what to do with my trailer. When I purchased it, the right side had a broken fender bracket. I took it to a welder and had it repaired.

I towed it from Pittsburgh to TN and back, and to Ohio a couple of times.

Today coming back, The same mount broke, and about 30 miles down the road, the second fender mount broke.

Both mounts took out the tire as I had LED marker lights on the fenders, and the screws dug into the tire, and destroyed them. I had one spare, and I was 5 miles from home when the second tire blew.

I wound up using a 5 hole LRB tire from a single axle trailer.

Now I need to replace two tires, and figure out what is causing the mount to crack. It was the front mount on both sides.

I dont know if I should look at tall thin tires, or keep the short 205-65-10 bias tires...

I think they changed the mount design at some point. Mine broke too. Mine are welded and withstood an 800 mile trip. Might need a better welder or have the balance on your tires checked.

I have that load rite double as well. That old fender mount design (the ones with the curve that goes around the fender lip) was recalled/redesigned to a straight "L" that now bolts on the opposite side of the fenders. (One bolted on the bottom side of the fender, the other on the top side).

I have since replaced with the newer style and have been good to go. I keep an extra on hand as well just in case. Seems like a crappy design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back