2006 Islandia 2 different tachometer readings

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

padipro

I have a 2006 Islandia and I am getting two differnent tach reading. the port engine tach is about 2500 rpm's lower than the starboard tach. Any suggestions. I checked the intakes and they look clean. Also, when I am at cruising speed the boat wants to go to the left, indicating that the right engine is moving faster. Thanks in advance, Scott.

I would swap the gray wire on back of the tach's and see if the same problem exists. If the boat is drifting to one side, it might be because it isn't thrusting the same amount of water as the other jet is. Swap the wires first then go from there. It might just be the throttle cables are out of adjustment and isn't in sync with each intake.

Karl

my reply

I tried switching the wires and it seemed to help. After I switched them both motors seemed to idel in sync. When I switiched them beck I was back to the same problkem of the Right motor ideling higher. This time is only ideled about 500 - 1000 rpm higher as before it was about 2500 - 3000 higher than the left. Maybe it was a loose connection.

I did notice that when I start the right motor I get one long BEEP. This only happens with the Right motor. Any suggestions?

hi i have a 2006 islandia and have this same problem but the difference is around 3-400 rpm. is there away to check to see what they are both reving at ie an external guage or some thing any ideas any one????? this would be good then to adjust the cable to the same rpm then for each motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back