2006 GTI SE 4-Tec Strange Beep Codes Won’t Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezzyrydr

My son was recently gifted a 4-Tec boat. Boat had sat for 4 years. Previous owner said last time ridden the unit beeped even when the key was removed. Battery was dead when we received. We installed a new battery and the boat began beeping, long beep followed by short beeps and just continues this cycle even with key off. Some beeps sound like a “chirp” Start button does nothing. To prepare for trouble shooting; 1. We removed the fuel pump, drained old fuel. Tested pump and it was locked up, corroded. Replaced with new pump and fuel. Attached battery, same beeping as original but now fuel pump runs till stop. Start button still does nothing. 2. Removed spark plugs to clean. By-passed start button by powering start relay directly. Added some 2 stroke oil to each cylinder (for lube) and engaged start relay. Engine turns over very easily and plugs have spark, however, some water exhausted from rear cylinder. Ran water out (not much water) and re-lubed with oil. Replaced spark plugs, engaged starter relay, no start. Pulled injectors. Re-engaged start relay. No fuel spray. Added some fuel to injector ports and tried restart. Engine attempted to start and backfired. Beeping remains as original. Now at a loss. HELP. ECU Failure? MPEM Failure? Both? Other??? Next Steps? Not a lot of money to pay a dealer. Thanks

Last edited:
I was having the same issues as you are. Check down by the starter solenoid under the fuse box a couple of inches, You should see it there, on one side you will have a solid red wire running to the starter, the other side, is another red wire with two smaller red wires coming out. More than likely one of the small red wires has corroded and finally broke, just try attaching another red wire in their place. I attached a terminal end to mine and hooked to to the starter solenoid and ran in to a couple inches behind the solenoid, skinned the wire and attached the one I made. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back