2006 Challenger 180 Where to put the anchor?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

xintersecty

OK, I have not seen or noticed a proper anchor compartment on my challenger. My boat is almost ready to go. Challenger 180 owners, where do you keep your anchor?

Xintercecty,

There is spot for a collapsed slide anchor under the forward seat, you'll see a grove in the carpet that fits the anchor pictured in the link perfectly. Make sure all the seats are snapped down before you take it out on the road. I lost one of my seats when I was driving it home after purchasing.

http://www.jmsonline.net/slide-anchor-collapsible-box-anchor.htm?gclid=CM_S4qD8u7cCFYSk4Aod1nkAag

Ty

Thanks for the info, I will take a look under the front seat. I know the bow lounge seat lives there and would not think there would be anymore room. It is very appreciated!

The slide anchor is pretty slim once collapsed, there is room for both the anchor and the lounge seat. The anchor will set long ways bow to stern down in the grove.

You will be surprised. I have a regular sand anchor under my C180 bow filler cushion. I have it in a red Seadoo anchor bag. I also have the medium size richter anchor in my ski locker,

Go the big bird richter if you send up going down that path, the 18lb anchor isn't great holding in the sand underwater on weight alone. It's great up on the bank on a calm day and when anchoring on reef/rocks

I have a fluke anchor with chain in my ski locker. There are a few drain holes on the sides of the locker so I stick one of the anchor's side rods into a drain hole so it can't slide forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back