2006 3D DI HELP!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bdesim2

Sorry for the long winded post, but I want to recap what I have going on the best I can. Basically the ski wont idle for more than a few seconds before it dies. If I rev it up, it will stay running, but this is out of the water. I believe I have either something hooked up wrong or I have something wrong with the fuel/air system. See below for a few things. No warning lights, no beeps signaling check engine, so it has to be fuel/air related (I think).
  • Motor:
    • Bought it in pieces with a blown motor.
    • Installed a 100% rebuilt motor (by me).
    • new crank
    • new top end
    • new air compressor
    • new counter balance
    • Compression is 135 in both
  • Fuel System:
    • Cleaned tank 100%
    • Cleaned fuel pump in 50/50 toluene/gas
    • New internal tank filters (2)
    • Cleaned external filter (back-flushed with gas nothing came out seems clean)
    • 27 psi when key is on (bleeds off to low 20s when pump stops cycling )
    • 80 psi when cranking (I know its low. If i stop cranking it drops quick!)
    • 80 when running (I know its low)
When the ski is idling, if i pull the line that goes from the output of the rave solenoid to the intake/airbox and plug it, The fuel pressure shoots up to 107 and stays. This is the line coming out of the solenoid that has the 'T'. One part of the 'T' goes to the counterbalance vent with the one way check valve. The other part of the 'T' goes to the intake as shown in the manual.

When the ski shuts down, I can hear the solenoid pulse twice to cycle the raves so I know the solenoid is working or getting power from the MPEM.

I am wondering what is the reason all of the air pressure in the system is going to the intakes? Is that how it is supposed to be? Do I have something hooked up wrong there? If everything is hooked up correctly could this be a simple fuel pressure issue?? I do have two other fuel pumps I can try if it comes to that.

Any advice / help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back