2005 supercharged GTX engine oil "EQUIVALENT"

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

opfor22

Owners Manual reads the following:

All Supercharged Engines:

Use the XP-S 10W-40 4-stroke oil (P/N 219 700 346) or an equivalent approved
by BRP. The same oil lubricates both the engine and the supercharger clutch. The XP-S 10W-40 4-stroke oil (P/N 219 700 346) has been thoroughly tested to be free of any additives that could impair the functionality of the supercharger clutch.

NOTE: Use of any oil that is not recommended may void BRP’s limited warranty.

CAUTION: NEVER use synthetic oil in these engines. This would impair the proper operation of the supercharger clutch. Do not add any additives to the recommended oil.

Beware that oils not recommended by BRP may contain additives (friction modifiers) that may cause inappropriate slippage of the supercharger and eventually lead to premature wear. For this reason, oils other than XP-S 10W-40 4-stroke oil (P/N: 219 700 346) or an approved equivalent are not recommended.

My question is what commercially available oil is considered "EQUIVALANT" to the expensive Sea-Doo branded oil?

Thanks Danny

Any wet clutch synthetic or non synthetic motorcycle oil will work as long as it has the JASO MA1 or MA2 rating. I use Castrol GTX 10W40 motorcycle oil, Valvoline is another popular oil.

Any wet clutch synthetic or non synthetic motorcycle oil will work as long as it has the JASO MA1 or MA2 rating. I use Castrol GTX 10W40 motorcycle oil, Valvoline is another popular oil.

REALLY, plain old motorcycle oil huh.. That's great news thank you..

Correct...plain old 4stroke motorcycle oil....must be wet clutch compatible. Most catch it on sale in the spring at crackauto for $3-$4 a quart.

Uhmm....."opfor"....Ft Irwin Opfor?

Any problems to use 10w40 havoline non-synthetic API-SN would work (not for motorcycle)?
What could it cause to the SC?

Thanks

I don't know what those letters mean...if it's not wet clutch compatible...the clutch washers won't work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back