2005 rxt wont start, get beeps, fuel pump. but nothing else.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whosurpopi

I have an 05 rxt that has no gauges. When I purchased it, the gauges worked and are from an 06 or 07, and when you would put the key on, it would give one long beep, then the normal two fast beeps and would always start with no problem. Then while driving every 10 minutes you would get a 3 second beep. The gauge would always show a compass and i was told it was a problem with the mpem, and not to worry about it. The gauges have since died. I have used it several time recently with no problems, then i used it the other day, got to where i was going, turned it off, and a half hour later tried to start it and i got the normal one long beep, then two beeps and it wouldnt turn over. After removing key and trying it about 20 times, it started, ran great, and got me home, still giving me the one beep every 10 minutes. Since then, i cant get it to start at all. If i put the key on, sometimes i get no beeps, sometimes, one long and two short, sometimes only two short, but it never turns over. I checked and cleaned battery and connection, I jumped the solenoid, and it sparks a lot, and after wiggling screwdriver, does turn over. and this is without the key in. I thought it should not turn over without the key. I always hear the fuel pump when i push the start button, I checked the fuses, all good. Disconnected mpem, and reconnected, no difference.

Tried it again tonight, and at first one long beep, then next few attemps, nothing. I can still here the fuel pump though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back