2005 rxt shows overheat and constant beep only at wode open throtle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

kEVIN McCARTY

Hi all I have a 2005 rxt 215 hp that shows overheat condition and one constant beep and goes to idle until you shut it off and back on.Then it starts right back up and runs fine unless you go over around 5000 rpm. It is not overheating and the fluids are ok and no blockage that I can see. The wierd thing is it does not giving me any error codes at all. Am I not waiting along enough time when it fails before shutting it down and then starting it back up? I'm guessing it probably is some temp sensor issue? Anybody ever have this issue? and how to fix it? thanks Kevin

The temp sensors are a weak point for the 4-tech ski. I'm thinking there are two of them.

I can confirm in the morning.

If there are two replace them both as they are cheap. It is going into LIMP mode once the sensor trips.

Could also be an exhaust temp sensor. Or a blockage in the exhaust line causing it to overheat the exhaust at wide open throttle due to restricted water flow.

Could also be an exhaust temp sensor. Or a blockage in the exhaust line causing it to overheat the exhaust at wide open throttle due to restricted water flow.

my bet

With ski outa the water, disconnect the line feeding the J-Pipe above the water box. blow into it. Reconnect and try running it in the water.

Sometimes the screen in the pump will get a bit clogged...reducing flow...causing high temp alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back