2005 GTX_Power Remains On

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

As of yesterday I noticed that when I pulled the lanyard off the post it does not cut the electrical power to the engine. Some people on the Internet seem to think it may be the dess post. Any thoughts on this one?

Thank you!

To be clear, your information center is still powered up and you continue to hear four beeps when you remove the lanyard? The D.E.S.S. is a magnetic switch, so yes it's possible it is sticking.

yes the information center remains powered up and you will continue to hear the 2 shorts beeps at a time which is normal on this ski. when you remove the landyard and put it back on the post it will you will hear 3 long beeps (not normal) and then it will go back to the normal 2 short beeps at a time. even when I disconnect the battery cable and reattach it the ski acts like the landyard is on the post which it is not. The problem appears to be somewhat intermittent, however, most of the time it is acting as I just described. I really appreciate your input!

I just went to the garage and at least temporarily it's working normal right now but I'm sure that won't last long. And you are correct when it's working properly you here 4 short beeps at a time not to the time. As I mentioned when it's not working properly you'll hear three long beeps and then it goes back to normal beep wise.

Weird. 3-beeps is not listed in the manual. Press "set" five times and see what codes come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back