2005 gtx

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Keith1000

Hi all, don't want to sound like a broken record but I have a new to me 05, seem to run good but can't get anywhere near top speed. Lucky to hit 75 KLM at 7000 + rpm.... On a visual inspection prop and wear ring look OK, what should I look for? Compression?
This is my first time with opas. I'm not sure how it works or if it's working properly, maybe it's slowing me down like brakes??? ,
Lastly I feel like I'm all over the place. It rides like a snowmobile when you are riding someone's tracks and being tossed all over. The ass end feels like it's all over the place and won't drive straight. Slight touch of the bars and I'm shootingb15⁰.

Thanks all.

Sounds like your steering lock nut has broken. Move the steering nozzle side to side and see if the handlebars move with it or if there is a lot of play in the steering cable.

What model 2005 gtx do you have? 155, 185, or 215hp which will determine what speed you should be seeing and what most likely is wrong.

Sounds like your steering lock nut has broken. Move the steering nozzle side to side and see if the handlebars move with it or if there is a lot of play in the steering cable.

What model 2005 gtx do you have? 155, 185, or 215hp which will determine what speed you should be seeing and what most likely is wrong.
I honestly don't know. I just know gtx 4 tec. 2005. Non supercharged. Where is this steering lock nut?

Back