2005 GTX - Won't Start

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

My neighbor also has a 2005 GTX 4-Tec. He took it out of the garage after charging the battery which is only 2 years old. You put the lanyard in and get a strong sounding normal beep sequence. When you go to hit the start switch all he gets is a rapid sounding clicking noise that is continuous until you let off the start switch. I am thinking starter. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

What battery is in there? Most are dead after 2 seasons unless they are the sealed ones and kept on a battery tender over the winter.

To find out if it is the battery connect jumper cables directly to the terminals in the ski and connect the other ends to your car battery. Make sure the car is OFF. I'll say it again OFF. A running vehicle will fry the ECU in these skis. If the same problem persists them its probably a relay or the starter solenoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has any one tried jumping it the rule out the battery? I was told to start with the cheapest and easiest things when trouble shooting.

You guys are great! I am going to go over there and try your suggestions. Will provide you with an update.

Thanks again!

My neighbor is now so happy due to your feedback that he can now take his family out tomorrow. We took your suggestion of jumping it from the car and it started no problem. He drove to Battery Plus and bought a sealed battery for $65 less than the local Seadoo dealer. (no surprise there) We installed the new battery and he is now good to go. The members on this site are truly awesome and are to be commended on your willingness to step up to assist other members. Thank you Guys!

Got to love the easy fix.

Just a heads up, if the ski battery is shorted it will not start even when jumping with an external battery sometimes.

Just additional info for the tool box.

Glad to hear that's all it was. Sometimes it's the easy fixes that can be confusing but that's what this forum is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back