2005 gtx need some advice/help

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

k_newman66

so recently picked up my wives 2005 gtx non supercharged from arizona. it only has 13 hrs on it and hasn't been ran in probably 10 years and am having multiple problems with it. it just clicks when i hit the start button. i have replaced the starter solenoid and still have to bypass it with a screw driver for the starter to engage. it tries to turn over but it wont, if i remove the spark plugs it will turn over. i have tried two different batteries that i know are good and have the same results. another issue i am having is the when i have the plugs removed and crank the engine over all of the oil ends up in the hull of the sea doo. changed the oil, filter and o-rings and same results. i tried feeling around for the leak and couldn't find anything or see any obvious leaks. i havent ever had it running. i moved it up to montana and it was in freezing weather for a couple weeks but i checked the coolant and it is good to -30. compression was 150 in 2 cylinders and 120 in the other. this is my first sea doo, so i am kind of at a loss as to where to go from here. local shop here wasnt much help, but not alot of sea doos around here. i doubt it was winterized or ever put away properly before storage. thank you in advance.

Sounds like rings seized on pistons
But some loads of WD40 down plug holes and let it stand for about a week then with plugs removed try turn it over
You must still have the old style exhaust sodium filled valves that would need replacing g before the destroy your engine
I would try get it running before removing cylinder head but wouldn’t get carried away if you gonna change valves you could see condition of cylinders once head is off
Worst case
Replace exhaust valves
Replace pistons with doing a light hone on cylinders (if not badly pitted )
You should get away with same crankshaft and balance shaft bearings with only 13 hours on it but that would be plus once striped down
Roughly $1200

thank you for the reply. Since it turns over without the plugs in it isn’t seized and I have already put penetrating oil down there. Any other suggestions?

You could pull the jet pump to see if the bearing has seized UK while you wait fir the penetrating oil to work
Gives u a chance to lubricate the splines and have a good look at wearing
Pull the cone off the back and check fir water in jet pump

I was having the same issues as you are. Check down by the starter solenoid under the fuse box a couple of inches, You should see it there, on one side you will have a solid red wire running to the starter, the other side, is another red wire with two smaller red wires coming out. More than likely one of the small red wires has corroded and finally broke, just try attaching another red wire in their place. I attached a terminal end to mine and hooked to to the starter solenoid and ran in to a couple inches behind the solenoid, skinned the wire and attached the one I made. Problem solved.

jumper cables must not of had a good connection. When I put two sets of cables on it finally turned over and started. Got it running but I still find oil in the hull after running it. Pulled the whole motor out and couldn’t find any leaks. So still trying to figure that one out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back