2005 Gtx 4 Tec sensor alarm and sounds like sensors keep cycling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

shelford777

I went to start up my 2005 GTX and my battery was dead, So I replace it. The word sensor shows up on the display. But I can’t find out which sensor is bad. I also noticed that some solenoids keep cycling non stop when the DESS is unplugged. This is what was killing my battery. The only way to stop it is to disconnect the battery. Can anyone help me figure out why the solenoids keep cycling and how can I find out what sensor is bad. Thank you

Check your mpem connectors unplug the two large connectors see if you have any corrosion if so clean them up plug them back in mine has similar issues but worse and when I would push and wiggle front bulk connector I would hear solenoids going on and off
Black box left side in front of engine

I pulled the plugs and the mpem out and cleaned them. But the problem still persists. I did find that there was a broken prong on the dess post wire. So I replaced that. But it sounds like the two front solenoids on the engine keep cycling and like a pump in the engine it self. The the mpem makes an odd humming sound too.

My gtx 06 has cluster fuel pump powering on and something else was humming when battery is connected changed mpem, dess, rectifier and still had problem plugged a ecm from newer ski didn’t have mpem but shut everything off and put key on post for that ecm it beeped twice n powered up
Not saying that’s your issue but there’s a post of my saga below that might help “06 gtx cluster staying on” might help
You can download the repair manual free online google it my 06 was there should be same it was like manualslib or emanuals
I had to download it to read schematic better
Hope it helps

press set 5 times, then mode to get your fault codes. The sensor display is typically the depth finder being out of water. Is yours a gtx limited?

Back