2005 Challenger 180 SIC max rpm 7k

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazachs

When i put my Challenger WOT i can’t reach more than 7000 rpm. I want to verify my wear ring to see if it’s ok. Do you think it could be the supercharge? It was rebuilt at 90hrs with the upgrade kit and the boat only have 170hrs.

When i put my Challenger WOT i can’t reach more than 7000 rpm. I want to verify my wear ring to see if it’s ok. Do you think it could be the supercharge? It was rebuilt at 90hrs with the upgrade kit and the boat only have 170hrs.

I bought it one month ago. I put it in the water and everything is fine. No leak, motor runs great. I use it few week-end but never tried at WOT. Last week-end when i tried, the lake was calm, two adults, fuel tank full. It looks like the supercharge don’t boost at 100%. Do you think it slip?

I believe a favourite test on this site is to remove the hoses into the SC,,,and see the blades turn easily by hand,,,mapeaning washers are slipping,,,I also like to start it up,,,put my hand around the SC hose…rev the motor,,,and feel if the hose swells…it should swell a bunch if the SC is functioning.

I believe a favourite test on this site is to remove the hoses into the SC,,,and see the blades turn easily by hand,,,mapeaning washers are slipping,,,I also like to start it up,,,put my hand around the SC hose…rev the motor,,,and feel if the hose swells…it should swell a bunch if the SC is functioning.

As i don’t know exactly how the SC has been rebuilt by the previous owner, i will play safe and do it myself this week-end. In the same time, i will put new spark plugs. I will also verify the wear ring and impeller. At the end of all this i will be on a solid base that all is perfect. No headache for the rest of the summer.
We will enjoy the boat! [emoji4]
I will keep you all in touch in two weeks…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back