2004 Seadoo GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

keegster17

having small issues with Seadoo 20004 GTX. Once in awhile the seadoo will start up, but as I start to accelerate the unit will make a large beeping noise and will display Oil something... The oil is fine, I think it is a censor issue due to moisture? after about 5 or 6 times start and stop it will go and that will be the end of it. Has anyone ran into this? Not sure what to do?

What motor does this GTX have? I'm assuming it is a 4-Tec since you posted in this forum. If that's the case is it showing a check engine light?

... make a large beeping noise and will display Oil something...

Can you please get us the exact message? Oil something is a little vague... lol!

Is this PWC supercharged? How many hours are on it? It probably is a faulty oil pressure sensor there are 2 of them one fore one aft but I'd like to read the exact error message. So for now, take it back out and try to reproduce the problem and write down that exact error message you're seeing please!

- Michael

What's "power charged"?

I highly doubt it *really* just says "Oil something". What does it *really* say?

You aren't going to get much help here if you can't provide better information than "it really just says oil something". :-\

- Michael

i am only stating it says oil, and something else perhaps follows or is beofre but cant recall at this time. Anytime you push the throttle and go over 10 kilometers a hour.

i am only stating it says oil, and something else perhaps follows or is beofre but cant recall at this time. Anytime you push the throttle and go over 10 kilometers a hour.

I'm pretty sure there's something else that goes with "oil". We need to figure out what that is before we can help you further

And what is "power charged"?

hey guys the issue happened again this weekend, about three times, now there a lot of rain. to confirm it says "oil" on the digital display, after about 4-5 times turn on and off the unit fires up fine. I checked oil and it is fine. the unit was serviced in may, and has about 11 hours on it since the oil change.

There's gotta be a "Pxxx" code along with that "oil" message. Next time it displays that message press the select button 5 times till it displays the code. Remember that number as it is important in determining where to start looking for the problem. I'm sorry but I can't help you much by just "oil". I can only guess what the issue may be but, if I'm guessing I'd say you have a faulty oil pressure sensor.

thanks KK40384, I think you might be right, I just read a little deeper into this, is it still ok to run the unit with a faulty oil pressure sensor? Can I do harm? also where can I confirm the part numbers for these items? I heard there are two, not mechanically inclined however like to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back