2004 Seadoo GTX 4 tec Supercharged, Paddle Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fleiss75

Does anyone know where to just buy the paddle wheel? Anyone replaced this yet?
SeaDoo OEM Paddle Wheel Kit 296000193, that is the part number that I have found, but no one including the local sea doo dealer can tell me if that will fit. They only want to sell me the entire component.
Any help is appreciated!

I need just the paddle wheel only. However, part # 296000193 states that "This will NOT work on any 4-stroke models and no such wheel is available for 4 strokes". Can anyone confirm if this statement is correct. The wheel itself cost less than half of the assembly.

It will work, all SD paddle wheels are the same. For some reason, SD doesn't want people taking the 4tec speed sensor housings apart but it is no big deal. I have some new spare wheels that I sell for $20 each. These don't wear out so used is fine, they just break legs off when you hit something and then they need replaced.

I think that replacing the wheel on the 4 stroke is actually easier than the 2 stroke. After removing the 3 screws on the housing, you can simple pull the sensor out and remove the wheel. On the 2 stroke, it is a pain to get that small retaining clip on the end of the shaft and very easy to loose.

Please send me a PM on how to buy the wheel from you.

ski-doo, I have an '06 GTI SE with a broken paddle wheel. Do you still have any of the spare wheels for sale? If so, I'll give your advice a go and replace the wheel on the transom mounted sensor.

If you have one available, please let me know how to purchase it. Thanks.

Yes, I still have the paddle wheels available but the price has gone up along with every other seadoo part. The paddle wheel kit now lists for almost $50. I can sell the paddle wheel by itself for $27 + $3 shipping. You should be able to reuse your axle but sometimes the axle bends then it will never work right. Take the 3 screws out of the housing and remove the outer housing by gently prying, remove the axle and check for straightness. If you need an axle, I can add a new one for $5 but is slightly too long so you will have to grind it shorter, did one yesterday and only take a few minutes.

Send paypal payment to OhioPowerSports@woh.rr.com but make sure to state exactly what it is for in the title and the note section and it will ship tomorrow by regular mail.

I have these paddle wheels available but the price has gone up a little again. The seadoo retail price is now $56.99 and I can sell them for $29 + $3 shipping but this is for a new paddle wheel only for all seadoo speed sensors. The axle, old or new style, will cost a little more but normally this can easily be reused. See post above for payment details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back