2004 GTX 4-Tec S/C Jet Pump Maintenance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearworley

2004 GTX 4-Tec S/C Jet Pump Maintenance Question

Hey guys,

I just recently tackled my first jet pump maintenance check as the guy I bought the ski from had not done it as best he recalls. I am the third owner, and the ski has 128 hours on it. The forum provided a lot of great info and pics to allow me the confidence to go it alone, and it was not near as nerve racking as I thought it would be. One hesitation I have, now that I'm done, is a question about the amount of grease (recommended vs. oil in this model) in the cone. I purchased a couple of tubes of the SeaDoo jet pump grease at a local dealer and used only 1 tube. The cone was pretty full and the grease that was inside looked really good overall (using pics of grease exposed to water as comparison) but I cleaned it out and put new stuff in since I was in there anyway. The o-rings and bearing were slathered in grease as well and everything looked good there too so I just added a little bit directly to that area. The other thing I did not do (realizing after I was done) was seal the nozzle assembly against the pump housing with any 518 sealant or similar. There seemed to not be anything there when I took it off so my brain was not thinking about it as a necessary replacement at the time. I did use the blue loctite on all the bolt threads to ensure a good seal there but before I start this bad boy back up should I go back in and add grease and/or 518 sealant to the housing? Once the job was completed I lubed everything else and checked my other fluids etc so she is good to go for my next outing as best I can tell. I'm not afraid or worried about getting back in there if I need to, but I just thought I would ask before I do so since you guys are so awesome at making us new guys feel a little less...ummm challenged :)

Thanks again for all the help and info! This has been a great resource!

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
You've done everything correctly. Sealant on the nozzle is not necessary at all. :cheers:

Thanks Dennis...oh how I'd love that beer to be real!

If I do a wear ring install later (only if there is an issue) and/or impeller change for more get-up-and-go, is the 518 or similar gasket maker recommended between the jet pump housing itself and where it mounts to the ski? (not sure of the name of where that mounts to)

Thanks

Thanks Dennis...oh how I'd love that beer to be real!

If I do a wear ring install later (only if there is an issue) and/or impeller change for more get-up-and-go, is the 518 or similar gasket maker recommended between the jet pump housing itself and where it mounts to the ski? (not sure of the name of where that mounts to)

Thanks

The pump seal doesn't "require" any extra sealant. I use...(on occasion) a bit of anti-seize...just to add a bit of slipperyness on install. The only thing you must be confident in...is that the pump seal isn't pinched...because pump misalignment will result. Also...when removing/installing the pump...do not bend one of those 4 bolts and strip one of those nuts.

Ask me how I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back